Boarding House Farmers’ Market
Thank you to all those members of our community who supported the Boarding House Farmers’ Market. Your generosity in providing and purchasing the fabulous produce has meant that our Boarders now have $2000 to put towards something they would collectively enjoy in the Boarding House. This was another example of the wonderful things that can happen when a community comes together. Thank you to our Boarding House Parents for this initiative!
Rowing regatta postponed this weekend
Winds predicted to range from 28km/hr – 41km/hr make conditions unsafe for this Saturday’s regatta. IGSSA WA has therefore postponed the event until the following Saturday, 15 June. This will be the penultimate regatta, before the much-anticipated Penrhos-hosted Head of the River on Saturday, 29 June.
We look forward to the ongoing support of our community at the upcoming events:
- Penrhos Careers Expo, Thursday, 13 June, 5pm – 7pm in the Colwyn Centre. Whilst this is targeted to Years 10 to 12, other interested families are welcome to attend.
- Penrhos College High Tea, Friday, 14 June, 1pm – 3pm in the Llew Woodford Function Centre.
- IGSSA Cross Country Carnival, Friday, 21 June, 1.30 – 4.30pm at Alderbury Reserve in Floreat. Penrhos is the host school and we would love to see parents and friends coming out to support our runners.
- Head of the River Rowing Regatta, Saturday, 29 June at Champion Lakes. Penrhos is the host school and we would love to see a huge turnout by our community to support our Rowing Squad and Friends of Rowing Support Group.
- We wish our Year 12 students a wonderful evening at their Mother Daughter dinner in the Llew Woodford Function Centre tomorrow night.
- Farewell to our Year 6 girls and their fathers who are enjoying the Menrhos Camp and Forest Edge campsite this weekend.
Independent Schools’ Council of Australia: Important Information
Each year, the Independent Schools’ Council Australia (ISCA), publishes an infographic to capture various aspects of the Independent school landscape in Australia. I have included the 2019 Snapshot for you to have a look at as it provides excellent information about the Independent sector, with comparisons between the Independent, Catholic and Government sectors on funding, enrolment growth, affiliation, and as employers. Penrhos College is categorised as a High Socio-Economic Status (SES) School for the purposes of funding.
Infographic: ISCA 2019 Snapshot
Bus time table change to the Hills Service, Fridays only
Horizons West has received reported concerns re delays to the Hills service on Friday afternoons, caused by PSA sport sessions which involve the Wesley boys returning late to College. Since there is little which can be done to address the issue, there will be a change to the Friday afternoon departure time from Thelma Street bus shelter – from 3.50pm to 4.10pm, with effect from this Friday, 7 June.
We have published our 2020 Term Dates to enable forward planning by families: Penrhos College 2020 Term Dates