We are excited to share that the implementation of our highly-anticipated Education Management System is now underway. Compass is a digital school management system, available through all technology devices including laptops, PCs, smart phones and tablets – it connects the school community with valuable resources via a single platform.
Compass will replace the Penrhos Parent Portal from the very beginning of Term 1 2021 – we therefore will be providing training for parents towards the end of 2020 and into next year. Through its use, we will soon be able to simplify processes and communication channels, as well as reduce administration for both staff and parents.
Director of Information Communication & Technology – Neil Mullaly – will run online Wednesday Webex sessions for an hour from 18:30 (as were popular with parents requiring IT advice and support through remote learning) on 25 November and 2 December via this link: Join meeting
Neil’s training sessions will be further supported with an all-parent information event in the Rixon Theatre at the start of Term 1; this will be filmed and shared as an additional ‘how to’ guide via the PCN and social media. Stay posted for further information.
Please find key parent uses and benefits of Compass below:
- Access Compass via any device – PC, laptop, tablet or mobile device etc
- View the whole school calendar
- View academic time-tabled classes, instrumental music lessons and co-curricular activities including IGSSA, JIGSSA, Music Ensembles, Speech and Drama etc
- Monitor students’ attendance / enter notes for late arrivals or absences
- Parents will be able to enter future explained absences – holidays, dentist appointments etc
- Provide consent for incursions and excursions
- Communicate with teachers via email
- Update family contact details
- Download and view students’ semester reports
- View ‘My News’ – a newsfeed including school announcements, alerts and updates for whole of school and timetabled classes
- Access school policies and documentation
Further functionality will be added throughout 2021 – we look forward to supporting you through the transition period with further training and to enjoying all the benefits that Compass will bring.
If you have any questions or queries please feel free to email Neil Mullaly – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9368-9546.
Join the Webinar on 25 November via this link: Join meeting
Join the Webinar on 2 December via this link: Join meeting