We are excited to share that the implementation of our highly-anticipated Education Management System is well underway. Compass is a digital school management system, available through all technology devices including laptops, PCs, smart phones and tablets – it connects the school community with valuable resources via a single platform.
Compass will replace the Penrhos Parent Portal from the very beginning of Term 1 2021 – we will therefore be providing training for parents throughout January. Through its use, we will soon be able to simplify processes and communication channels, as well as reduce administration for both staff and parents.
Benefits of Compass
Please find key parent uses and benefits of Compass below:
- Access Compass via any device – PC, laptop, tablet or mobile device etc
- View the whole school calendar
- View academic time-tabled classes, instrumental music lessons and co-curricular activities including IGSSA, JIGSSA, Music Ensembles, Speech and Drama etc
- Monitor students’ attendance / enter notes for late arrivals or absences
- Parents will be able to enter future explained absences – holidays, dentist appointments etc
- Provide consent for incursions and excursions
- Communicate with teachers via email
- Update family contact details
- Download and view students’ semester reports
- View ‘My News’ – a newsfeed including school announcements, alerts and updates for whole of school and timetabled classes
- Access school policies and documentation
Further functionality will be added throughout 2021 – we look forward to supporting you through the transition period with further training and to enjoying all the benefits that Compass will bring.
If you have any questions or queries please feel free to email Neil Mullaly – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9368 9546.