Sadly, young Australians continue to experience poor mental health. There are still big pieces of the ‘mental health, children and young people’ puzzle missing.
At Full Circle, we believe we need to direct more resources to the adults in our children and young people’s lives, right from the start. Given all this important information, our Full Circle psychologists do exactly this.
We work with Pre-Kindergarten – Year 12 parents and educators to help:
- arm little people and young adults with the emotional skills that we know are preventative when it comes to mental health
- build strong connections with the kids in your care and still set boundaries and consequences
- respond to anxiety with helpful, evidence-based strategies
- navigate social media and online use with little people and young adults
- talk about sex, relationships, pornography – early and often, in developmentally appropriate ways
- feel confident in addressing body image early
- feel confident that you can respond to the signs of declining mental health
We offer evidence-based workshops, seminars and accreditation to groups of parents, caregivers and educators.
You will find our latest offerings, including Youth Mental Health First Aid, Fear-Less, Tuning in to Kids and Teens here:
For Parents and Caregivers
*Approximately 1 in 4 young Australians will experience a common mental health problem (anxiety, depression, substance abuse) in any given year: Data collated by Mental Health First Aid Australia www.mhfa.com.au