Working at Penrhos
People who work at Penrhos College agree – Penrhos is a fantastic, caring and supportive educational organisation.
Penrhos College highly values its employees and seeks to attract the best people to join our innovative and dynamic environment. As a leading WA school we aim to provide:
- a cooperative, team oriented and supportive culture
- a focus on achieving excellence in their area of expertise
- a culture where staff contribution is highly valued and encouraged
- a wide range of professional work-related experiences and activities directly relevant to education
- recognition for their contribution
- an environment that focuses on staff wellbeing
Penrhos College is a Uniting Church day and boarding school for girls, Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12.
Our purpose is to ‘inspire girls to become extraordinary women’.
We are excited to invite outstanding educators to apply for this position as a result of the retirement of Ms Trish Somers, an acknowledged outstanding educator. Joining a team of talented leaders and teachers, your role will be to deliver inspirational student experiences based on our whole person paradigm of mind, body, heart and spirit.
As a front-runner and innovator in girls’ education, Penrhos continues to pioneer the way ahead with a strategic direction that is based on the whole person paradigm of body, mind, heart and spirit. Our approach is designed to support and nurture the development of strong character, resilience and determination, moral code and the confidence girls need to successfully navigate all of life’s challenges and to achieve their personal best.
As Head of Junior School, you will enjoy the opportunity to lead a team of exceptional teachers in the design and delivery of ‘inspirational student experiences’ PK-6, within the context of a broader K-12 approach to outstanding teaching and learning.
We are looking for significant leadership experience in Early Childhood and Primary School education, together with a successful track record in fostering progressive educational values and principles. If you have the vision, passion and commitment to make a valuable and lasting contribution towards our stated strategy and mission, we would love to hear from you.
We offer competitive terms and conditions of employment, a wonderful working environment and best practice ICT.
For further details, view the Information and application package and Position statement below.
Responsibilities related to this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Educational Leadership: Engage with and demonstrate leadership in relation to the College’s strategic direction, programs and initiatives, with particular reference to a seamless K-12 approach.
- Teaching and Learning: Lead, engage and inspire Junior School students, parents, staff and the broader College community whereby students are able to achieve their potential.
- Pastoral Care: Provide leadership and direction to ensure that all Junior School staff are committed to and conversant with the school’s pastoral care principles.
- Community: To actively promote a strong sense of community cohesion, identity and connection; involving students, parents, staff and the wider community; including the fostering of relations with other schools, local community organisations, the Uniting Church and beyond.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Bachelor of Education or a degree qualification supported by a Post Graduate Diploma of Education or other relevant postgraduate qualifications.
- Current National Police Clearance.
- Current TRBWA Membership including a Working with Children card (WWC).
- Commitment to the College’s Core Shared values of Respect, Integrity, Empathy, Knowledge, Growth and Synergy.
The following criteria must be addressed with evidence in the Selection Criteria document:
- Significant experience with Early Childhood and Primary School education with a demonstrated record in fostering progressive educational values and principles
- Successful leadership experience within a school or school system
- Outstanding staff leadership and team development experience
- Demonstrable skills in the delivery of Pastoral Care with substantial knowledge and empathy for the social issues affecting the age group of Kindergarten to Year 6
- Extensive experience in the integration of IT and technology into the learning environment.
- Competitive salary package (depending on skills and experience)
- 8 weeks annual recreational leave per calendar year
- Staff discount on tuition fees after successful completion of probationary period.
- Excellent working environment and state-of-the-art facilities
- Free Parking
- Salary Packaging
- Access to Boarder Long weekends in Terms 1, 2 and 3
For further details, please view the Application Package and Position Statement or contact Meg Melville, Principal, or June Benson, Human Resources Manager, on 9368 9500.
Applications close 4pm, Friday 7 June 2019.
How to Apply
Your Application must include:
- Cover letter stating why you are applying for the position and providing your contact details. The letter can be addressed to the Principal.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae outlining your personal details, qualifications and relevant work history, education and professional memberships. Relevant work history should commence with the most recent position you have held as well as the dates/period of employment. In the description of your work history give a brief summary of the duties and responsibilities for each of the positions.
- Work-related referees: Please add the names and contact details of three confidential referees. It is essential that one referee is your present Line Manager. The College reserves the right to contact other staff who may have worked with the applicant in a line management or supervisory capacity.
- Selection Criteria: address the selection criteria and your suitability for the role based on the five (5) criteria as indicated in the ad. Please respond only to these areas using the STAR technique. Describe a recent work-related Situation or Task, Action you took to complete the task or resolve the situation and the Results you achieved. (Maximum 3 pages)
Please send through your application in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply now
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.