Working at Penrhos
People who work at Penrhos College agree – Penrhos is a fantastic, caring and supportive educational organisation.
Penrhos College highly values its employees and seeks to attract the best people to join our innovative and dynamic environment. As a leading WA school we aim to provide:
- a cooperative, team oriented and supportive culture
- a focus on achieving excellence in their area of expertise
- a culture where staff contribution is highly valued and encouraged
- a wide range of professional work-related experiences and activities directly relevant to education
- recognition for their contribution
- an environment that focuses on staff wellbeing
Penrhos College is a Uniting Church day and boarding school for girls, Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12.
Our purpose is to ‘inspire girls to become extraordinary women’.
The College is seeking a dynamic and organised professional to join our Secondary School Admin team. This position is responsible for the coordination of the College’s Secondary School Teacher Relief system as directed by the Dean of Teaching and Learning. The role also provides administrative support to the Dean of Teaching and Learning and Assistant Dean of Teaching and Learning.
This is a full-time ongoing position. Hours for this position will be approximately 7:20 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday to Friday during the school term.
RESPONSIBILITES related to this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teacher relief: Responding in a timely manner to the notification of planned and unplanned staff absences to ensure classes are covered and documented.
- Administration Support: Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Dean of Teaching and Learning and the Assistant Dean of Teaching and Learning including maintaining diaries, undertaking confidential typing, screening calls and visitors and maintaining accuracy of staff handbooks/online documentation.
- Booklists: Facilitate the preparation of booklists through negotiation with Heads of Departments.
- Professional Learning Development and Growth: Assist in the coordination and booking of Professional Development for staff as directed by the Principal and Secondary School Deans.
- Practicum Teacher Placements: Liaising with the relevant staff including Teaching Staff, Heads of Departments, and the Dean of Teaching & Learning to coordinate placements and induction of practicum teachers.
The successful applicant will have:
- A current Working with Children check and National Police Clearance or ability to obtain (WWC)
- Commitment to the College’s Core Shared values of Respect, Integrity, Empathy, Knowledge, Growth and Synergy.
The following essential criteria must be addressed with evidence in the Selection Criteria document:
- Ability work effectively under pressure and to manage several tasks concurrently
- Experience in data management and manipulation
- Substantial experience in an administrative role involving coordination of technology driven administration systems and structures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a busy team
- Competitive salary package– depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 5 days per week, term time only (7:20 AM to 3:30 PM)
- Excellent working environment and state-of-the-art facilities
- Free Parking
- Salary Packaging
- Boarders Long weekend in Terms 1, 2 and 3
For further details, view the position statement here.
Applications close 9 am Friday, 5 April 2019Apply now
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.