Working at Penrhos
People who work at Penrhos College agree – Penrhos is a fantastic, caring and supportive educational organisation.
Penrhos College highly values its employees and seeks to attract the best people to join our innovative and dynamic environment. As a leading WA school we aim to provide:
- a cooperative, team oriented and supportive culture
- a focus on achieving excellence in their area of expertise
- a culture where staff contribution is highly valued and encouraged
- a wide range of professional work-related experiences and activities directly relevant to education
- recognition for their contribution
- an environment that focuses on staff wellbeing
Penrhos College is a Uniting Church day and boarding school for girls, Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12.
Our purpose is to ‘inspire girls to become extraordinary women’.
Penrhos College is seeking a person who shares a passion for teaching Digital Technologies to join our dedicated and innovative team in the Digital and Design Technologies department. This is a part-time, fixed term contract, teaching 11 periods across Years 7 and 8 in Terms 3 & 4 of the 2020 Academic Year.
Working in our new Creative Arts and Design Centre, we are seeking a candidate with a passion for digital technologies and ideally an interest in the broader area of STEM.
As part of our Strategic direction, we aim to provide our girls with ‘Inspirational Student Experiences’ where our students are at the centre of all we do. As a teacher at Penrhos, you will play a significant role in planning, delivering and reflecting on the learning experiences in your classroom. We are inspired by engaging, challenging and empowering our students to be the best learners they can be. At Penrhos we believe in developing experiences that shape the whole person, the unique Mind, Heart, Body and Spirit of each individual and this leads to inspiring our girls to become extraordinary women.
The FTE for this position is approximately 0.45, teaching across a 3-day (Wednesday-Friday) timetable.
Applications close 9 am Tuesday 16th of June.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Bachelor of Education or a degree qualification supported by a Post Graduate Diploma of Education
- Current Teacher Registration Board of WA Membership including a Working with Children card (WWC)
- Commitment to the College’s Core Shared values of Respect, Integrity, Empathy, Knowledge, Growth and Synergy.
The following essential criteria must be addressed with evidence in the cover letter document:
- Demonstrated excellence and experience in teaching Year 7 and 8 Digital Technologies across a range of ability levels.
- An academic record which demonstrates an ability to foster personal best and the opportunity to achieve academic excellence
- Ability to employ engaging, phase appropriate delivery methods in teaching Secondary School Digital Technologies.
- A willingness and ability to contribute to the cocurricular STEM programs that run at the College
- Ability to integrate technology into curriculum delivery to provide opportunity for students to develop 21st Century Skills
Applications close 9 am Tuesday 16th of June.
For further details, view the position statement here.
How to Apply
Your Application must include:
- Expression of Interest Letter addressing the selection criteria above using examples from your practice. Please respond only to these areas using the STAR technique. Describe a recent work-related Situation or Task, Action you took to complete the task or resolve the situation and the Results you achieved. The letter can be addressed to the Dean of Teaching and Learning.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae outlining your personal details, qualifications and relevant work history, education and professional memberships. Relevant work history should commence with the most recent position you have held as well as the dates/period of employment. In the description of your work history give a brief summary of the duties and responsibilities for each of the positions.
- Work-related referees: Please add the names and contact details of three confidential referees. It is required that one referee is your present Line Manager. The College reserves the right to contact other staff who may have worked with the applicant in a line management or supervisory capacity.
Please send through your application in one document to email@example.comApply Now
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.