People who work at Penrhos College agree – Penrhos is a fantastic, caring and supportive educational organisation.
Penrhos College highly values its employees and seeks to attract the best people to join our innovative and dynamic environment. As a leading WA school we aim to provide:
- a cooperative, team oriented and supportive culture
- a focus on achieving excellence in their area of expertise
- a culture where staff contribution is highly valued and encouraged
- a wide range of professional work-related experiences and activities directly relevant to education
- recognition for their contribution
- an environment that focuses on staff wellbeing
We are currently seeking an experienced IT professional to join the College in the role of Applications Support and Development Specialist. The Applications Support and Development Specialist is a key member of the Corporate Applications Support Team which provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support maintenance, and development of the College’s suite of applications.
This role will take ownership and delivery of support tasks, engage with stakeholders (both internally and externally) and play a key role in developing top level support for the business.
This is a permanent, full-time position commencing in Term 4, 2021 or earlier by negotiation.
As part of our Strategic Direction, we aim to provide our girls with ‘inspirational student experiences’ where our students are at the centre of all we do. As a staff member at Penrhos, you will play a role providing a safe, supportive and respectful environment that is essential for positive student wellbeing. We are inspired by engaging, challenging and empowering our students to be the best learners they can be. At Penrhos we believe in developing experiences that shape the whole person, the unique Mind, Heart, Body and Spirit of each individual and this leads to inspiring our girls to become extraordinary women.
Applications close 8 am Tuesday 28 September 2021
The successful applicant will have:
- Current Working with Children card (WWC) and National Police Clearance
- Degree of postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology or associated discipline
- Programming experience with ASP.NET, C# and PHP
- Proficiency in cloud platform such as Azure and AWS
- Knowledge of relational technology and skills in developing and using Structured Query Language (SQL) to create Stored Procedures, Triggers and indexes in Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- Demonstrated experience using full-term software development lifecycle, including the use of a revision control system such as Bitbucket, SVN Sound critical thinking and problem-solving skills • Well-developed communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders at all organisational levels
- Highly developed interpersonal stills and communication skills across a broad spectrum of ages and abilities
- Commitment to the College’s Core Shared values of Respect, Integrity, Empathy, Knowledge, Growth and Synergy.
For further details, please view the position statement or contact Hana Fry, People Services Coordinator (08) 9368 9500
HOW TO APPLY
Your Application must include:
- Cover letter stating why you are applying for the position and providing evidence of your key skills and experience for this position. (Maximum 2 pages)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae outlining your personal details, qualifications and relevant work history, education and professional memberships. Relevant work history should commence with the most recent position you have held as well as the dates/period of employment. In the description of your work history give a brief summary of the duties and responsibilities for each of the positions.
- Work-related referees: Please add the names and contact details of three confidential referees. It is preferable that one referee should be your present Line Manager. You may include one personal referee as well.
- Submission of Application: When submitting your application please combine your cover letter and resume into one document to upload.
Please send through your application in one document to email@example.com
Applications close 8 am Tuesday 28 September 2021
Statement of Commitment to Child Safety and Wellbeing
All children and young people who come to Penrhos College have a right to feel and be safe. We are committed to providing a child safe and child friendly environment, where children and young people are safe and feel safe and are able to actively participate in decisions that affect their lives.
We have a zero tolerance for child abuse and other harm and are committed to acting in student’ best interests and keeping them safe from harm.
The College regards its child protection responsibilities with the utmost importance and as such, is committed to providing the necessary resources to ensure compliance with all relevant child protection laws and regulations and maintaining a child safe culture.
Each member of the College community has a responsibility to understand the importance and specific role that they play individually and collectively to ensure that the wellbeing and safety of all students is at the forefront of all that they do and every decision that they make.
Penrhos reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Only persons with unlimited rights to work in Australia need apply.
No agency calls please. Applications will not be accepted through recruitment agencies for this role.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.